Full-Time Support Specialist III
The Support Specialist III will provide desk-side and remote support to on-site users and our Frederick campus. Potential candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills as well as technical proficiency in Microsoft Windows.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills. Additionally, the successful candidate will have and maintain excellent customer service skills, high attention to detail, and the willingness to learn and be part of a team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Job Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create desktop images.
- In-depth computer troubleshooting and hardware replacement.
- CATV repair.
- In-depth knowledge of audio systems, mics, mixers, amps and speakers.
- Understand and troubleshoot all A/V equipment as well as auditorium and classroom configurations.
- Coordinate tech and equipment for internal and external users and event requirements.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Collaborate with IT Manager on projects and expansion plans.
- Install, maintain and upgrade equipment and its associated infrastructure.
- Run diagnostic tests to isolate system problems and make recommendations for potential solutions.
- All responsibilities of Support Specialist II.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements: Education, Experience and Skills:
- Potential candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or audio-visual technology, or an associates degree plus A+, MS or other certifications.
- Familiarity with PCs, cameras, printers, projectors PA systems including mixers, amplifiers, microphones and other office equipment as well.
- Must be customer focused. Promote a continuous quality improvement effort to enhance the services provided to clients, students & staff by demonstrating positive attitudes and actions through a display of courtesy, congeniality, cooperation, professionalism, and sensitivity
- Overtime, weekend and evening as required. Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills. Strong documentation skills.
- The successful candidate will have and maintain excellent customer-service skills, high attention to detail, be willing to learn and be part of a team.
- Hard drive swaps.
- Ordering parts.
- Switch closets.
- Jack activations.
- Inventory of equipment and tracking.
- Making ethernet and coax cables.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of ITIL.
- Technical training and experience in personal computer hardware and software, audio visual systems and networking is required.
- Familiarity with PCs, cameras, printers, servers, projectors and other office equipment.
- Strong documentation skills. Familiarity with sound and PA systems including mixers, amplifiers and microphones.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Normal, corrective vision range, the ability to distinguish letters, numbers & symbols.
- The ability to lift and move computer equipment, if needed, of up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to negotiate between various buildings on campus.
- Must be able to work weekends and overtime based on diverse remote learning classes/event schedules.
How to Applyhttps://msmu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/MSMU/job/Emmitsburg-Campus/Support-Specialist-III_R0000026
145 total views, 1 today