Part-time On Call Site Supervisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Are you confident leading a team of technicians to deliver quality work while ensuring jobsite safety?
- Do you consider yourself to be detail oriented and quick on your feet?
- Do you thrive on reaching project milestones in an efficient and timely manner?
If you have answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Electrosonic Inc.
With a position at Electrosonic Inc., you join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us!
We are looking for a Site Supervisor located near our Burbank office who reports directly to the Installations Manager.
In this role, you will both assess and manage safety hazards in the workplace. You will complete construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects. You will also complete quality inspections and supervise sub-contractors and staff.
What you will be doing?
- The Supervisor will be selected with equal emphasis on construction skills, the ability to transfer skills to others and create a team atmosphere of working together.
- Establish & maintain high staff morale, model sound leadership and teamwork.
- Schedule delivery of needed materials and labor requests.
- Make suggestions and recommendations for repair.
- Schedule delivery of needed materials and labor requests.
- Trouble-shoot and identify construction problems; offer timely and safe solutions.
- Ensure project proceeds in a timely manner.
- Manage tool and materials inventory for each project. Ensure unused materials are accounted for and reported to the team.
- Complete necessary daily reports and meet at least weekly with the project team to discuss installation progress.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction project milestones by conducting inspections at critical phases and obtaining client approvals.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
What qualifications are required?
- A positive attitude and willingness to equip and encourage co-workers.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Established credibility and integrity.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in general construction with excellent hands-on construction skills.
- Mechanically Inclined.
- Knowledge of State building codes.
- Five Years of experience in the Audio Video and control field.
- Excellent low voltage troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in supervising construction projects.
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary.
- The willingness to accept other job responsibilities as needed.
- Good understanding of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, foundations, carpentry and masonry work.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics, and construction documents.
- Understanding of proper OSHA safety procedures and recognition of hazards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Excel, and other construction software.
- Ability to critically look at craftsmanship.
- Ability to mediate disputes using the win-win philosophy.
- Ability to organize time, material, and labor.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to supervise numerous crews handling a variety of tasks.
- Excellent communications ability.
- Familiarity with LEED certification a plus.
Electrosonic is a worldwide audio-visual company with extensive experience in designing, project managing, engineering and supporting AV systems and products.
Founded in 1964, the company has always been among the first to apply new technology to create tailored, state-of-the-art solutions that meet the challenges of the professional AV market.
With over 50 years of experience working on complex projects, both large and small and in multiple geographic territories, Electrosonic has developed a reputation that is unsurpassed in the industry. Many of Electrosonic’s projects have been recognized with key industry and sector awards.
Electrosonic aims to develop lasting relationships by working in partnership with our customers and suppliers and all others involved in the project.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our website: https://electrosonic.applicantpro.com/jobs/643040.html
448 total views, 1 today