Full-Time Service Onsite Technician
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Do you enjoy an active career?
- Are you inspired by a challenging work environment?
- Do you have what it takes to work with high-end commercial Audio Visual in a public setting?
If you have answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Electrosonic Inc.
With a position at Electrosonic Inc., you join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us!
We are looking for a Service Onsite Technician located at our client site in Jamestown, New York. This position reports directly to the Program Manager – Service Onsite Support.
In this role, you will provide full time on-site technical service and maintenance support for a high-end Electrosonic Inc. client. The selected candidate may also participate in installations and commissioning of projects from time to time.
What you will be doing?
- Provide on-site first line, emergency and preventative service to client. Requires extensive troubleshooting abilities, replacing and/or repairing many types of Audio, Video & Control systems and related equipment.
- Accountable for the overall customer satisfaction of the site.
- Arrange for product returns and/or exchanges with the service department.
- Daily equipment checks to ensure equipment is operational. Management of preventative maintenance & daily check schedules.
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly preventive maintenance and cleaning of designated exhibits & rack room areas.
- Video projector lamp changes and proper disposal or recycling of lamps as required.
- Manage and maintain spare AV equipment and consumables inventory including communicating to client when consumable/spare equipment levels reach re-ordering point as determined by customer.
- Manage database for customer assets, spares, consumables and repairs.
- Assist in training of client’s staff and new staff who typically operate these systems on daily basis.
- Provide technical phone support (e.g. answer questions, troubleshoot suggestions) to customer.
- Work closely with the Electrosonic Service Coordinator for assigned call numbers and close-out paperwork.
- Provide all documentation in a timely manner (e.g. material and labor reports, preventative maintenance reports, expense reports, job costing records, timesheets etc.)
- Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by the client but within the scope of AV.
- Communicate effectively with the Electrosonic Managers and Service team.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Excellent understanding of AV systems with strong problem solving skills and trouble-shooting experience.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Able to manage demanding customers.
- Always presents a positive image of self and company.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written especially when dealing with client, vendors and equipment manufacturers.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints, schematics, and training manuals.
- Ability to operate multi-meter and other related industry test equipment.
- Computer literate e.g. Windows, MS Word, MS Excel and scheduling programs, as well as an excellent understanding of computer functionality.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be comfortable working at heights and on ladders & mechanical lift systems.
What qualifications are required?
- Valid driver’s license. Good driving record.
- Technical tools including multi-meter.
- Technical degree/certificate or equivalent job experience. CTS certification a plus.
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with proven knowledge in:
- Multi-projector edge-blended digital video systems
- Computer & AV Networking
- AV Show Control Systems such as AMX, Crestron, Watchout
- Computer interactive systems
Electrosonic is a worldwide audio-visual company with extensive experience in designing, project managing, engineering and supporting AV systems and products.
Founded in 1964, the company has always been among the first to apply new technology to create tailored, state-of-the-art solutions that meet the challenges of the professional AV market.
With over 50 years of experience working on complex projects, both large and small and in multiple geographic territories, Electrosonic has developed a reputation that is unsurpassed in the industry. Many of Electrosonic’s projects have been recognized with key industry and sector awards.
Electrosonic aims to develop lasting relationships by working in partnership with our customers and suppliers and all others involved in the project.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our website: https://electrosonic.applicantpro.com/jobs/708768.html
211 total views, 1 today