Full-Time Regional Service Technician
At Electrosonic we’re on a mission. A mission to design, build and support innovative technology solutions that create experiences for people to live, work and play. We’re looking for passionate, dedicated gamechangers to join our team and drive the future of Electrosonic. Think you have what it takes? Read on…
- Do you enjoy problem solving?
- Are you confident training clients and in-house staff how to use technical systems?
- Do you consider yourself to have strong customer service skills?
If you have answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Electrosonic Inc.
With a position at Electrosonic Inc., you join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us. Electrosonic Inc. is looking for a Regional Service Technician located in the Livermore area who reports directly to the Service Desk Manager.
This position will work full-time as a Network and A/V Technician, providing Regional Service for our clients around the world. The right candidate will perform Service Calls and Preventative Maintenance support which will include domestic travel within the U.S. and international travel. The selected candidate may also participate in installations and commissioning of projects from time to time, to assist other departments.
What you will be doing?
- Supply technical support to customers of all skill levels with the goal of complete customer satisfaction.
- Perform remote, and onsite service calls for our clients across the region and around the world.
- Complete preventative maintenance visits and associated reports.
- Provide professional customer service in all communication while working to resolve customer issues.
- Capture and maintain all relevant information regarding the customer’s issues using our service software.
- Test and troubleshooting of all equipment as part of a complex AV system.
- Network testing and troubleshooting, including switch and IP management.
- Test of control systems connected to AV network. (AMX, Crestron, Medialon)
- Troubleshoot and adjust Video Teleconference systems like Cisco and Polycom.
- Repair and replace A/V equipment and components.
- Work with Help Desk team to arrange for product returns and/or exchanges under RMA.
- Perform Video projector lamp changes and image alignment.
- Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by Service Managers.
- Troubleshoot and replace components of a video wall system, including alignment and calibration.
- Provide technical phone support as necessary (e.g. answer questions, troubleshoot suggestions) to customer.
- Work closely with the Electrosonic Help Desk team for assigned call numbers and close-out paperwork.
- Provide all documentation in a timely manner (e.g. material and labor reports, preventative maintenance reports, expense reports, job costing records, timesheets etc.)
- Occasionally provide technical assistance to other departments and staff, as needed.
- Occasionally provide after-hours support for Contract clients.
- Attend training sessions and remain current on technology in the field.
- Perform other activities and duties as directed by the immediate manager.
- Follow Electrosonic health and safety policies and procedures.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Must be self-motivated and operate efficiently while self-supervised.
- Excellent understanding of computers, networks, and AV systems with strong problem-solving skills
- Must possess good communication skills, verbal and written especially when dealing with clients, vendors, and colleagues.
- Able to deliver outstanding customer service in any situation
- Able to provide quality service in different environments
- Consistently present a positive image of self and company.
- Ability to read and comprehend schematics plus service and training manuals.
- Ability to operate multi-meter, OTDRs, and other related industry and test equipment.
- Computer literate e.g. Windows, MS Word, MS Excel and related programs.
- Basic knowledge of control programming, protocols, and tools. (TCP/IP, RS232, Telnet, Hyper-Term, Command Prompt)
- Able to multitask and prioritize work load.
- Detail oriented.
What qualifications are required?
- IT, Electronic, or equivalent Technical degree/certificate.
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- “Hands-on” strong background in the support of Networks, computers, and AV systems.
- Must be comfortable working at heights and on ladders & mechanical lift systems.
- Visual and hearing acuity required to perform Audio/Visual tests and execute needed adjustments.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license. Good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Must possess own hand-tools including multi-meter
- Experience as a customer facing representative
- Current CTS certification or ability to get it within the first year
- Valid US passport or the ability to get one.
Electrosonic is a worldwide audio-visual company with extensive experience in designing, project managing, engineering and supporting AV systems and products.
Founded in 1964, the company has always been among the first to apply new technology to create tailored, state-of-the-art solutions that meet the challenges of the professional AV market.
With over 50 years of experience working on complex projects, both large and small and in multiple geographic territories, Electrosonic has developed a reputation that is unsurpassed in the industry. Many of Electrosonic’s projects have been recognized with key industry and sector awards.
Electrosonic aims to develop lasting relationships by working in partnership with our customers and suppliers and all others involved in the project
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our website: https://electrosonic.applicantpro.com/jobs/900127.html
118 total views, 3 today