Full-Time Project Engineer
- Do you enjoy working on technically challenging projects?
- Do you enjoy solving complex problems?
- Do you like being part of a team and working collaboratively?
If you have answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Electrosonic Inc.
With a position at Electrosonic Inc, you join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us.
Electrosonic Inc. is looking for a Project Engineer located in the Ewing Township Area who reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
To be successful in this position you will: Perform Audio, Video and Control engineering functions and/or system programming as required to support the sales, design, installation and delivery of custom audio video systems.
You will work in collaboration with the Project Manager to ensure that the contracted scopes of work are performed to the highest possible standards of quality and conform to defined performance requirements. You will also work closely with the fabrication and installation staff to ensure system designs are correctly implemented. It is expected that you will also maintain open lines of communication both within the company and with the client and other contractors.
What you will be doing.
- Engineering: Take full responsibility for project engineering activities and ensure that all engineering functions are completed in a timely, efficient manner and to the client’s satisfaction.
- System design drawings: Generate and develop system block diagrams, system single lines, and rack elevations.
- Facility documentation: Prepare facility impact packages including conduit plans, cable schedules, engineering calculations for power consumption and heat load, equipment site plans, projection sightline drawings and user interface solutions (OCC panels and touch screen layouts).
- Procurement: Validate equipment specifications and assist the Project Manager with purchasing activities if required.
- Test: Conduct or oversee Factory and Site Acceptance Tests (FAT, SAT) and preprogramming activities to ensure systems meet defined performance specifications and quality standards.
- Commissioning: Take full responsibility for the commissioning of Electrosonic systems on site. Ensure that systems are operational on schedule to allow programming and handover of the completed systems. Ensure systems meet or exceed minimum required performance specifications.
- Programming: Take full responsibility for the project’s programming requirements to ensure that all system programming is completed in a timely, efficient manner and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Communications: Effectively communicate engineering clarifications, design changes, and equipment substitutions to other departments and to clients’ other consultants. Prepare and/or respond to Requests for Information (RFIs). Communicate installation, commissioning and programming requirements to other Electrosonic staff.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful.
- Ability to read, create, and edit A/V/C technical specifications and system drawings.
- Ability to successfully commission all aspects of an Audio-Visual installation.
- Ability to interface well with clients and co-workers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on the engineering of several projects simultaneously.
- Strong troubleshooting and fault finding skills.
- Proficiency in programming Audio Visual equipment (e.g. AMX, Biamp, ClearOne, Crestron, Medialon, Watchout, Soundweb, Cisco, Polycom, Extron, and others).
- Experience with audio DSP device programming. Experience with SMAART and EASE a plus.
- Proficiency in a specialty within the Audio-Visual industry.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- VTC codecs, audio conferencing
- CAD for creating and editing drawings
- Industry certifications such as InfoComm CTS, CTS-D, CTS-I
What Qualifications are required?
- A. degree (or equivalent) in a related field.
- Minimum three years of professional experience in Audio Visual technology and integration.
- Hands-on fabrication and/or installation experience.
- Knowledge of current products and trends in audio, video, control, and/or other related industries.
- Proficiency with computers and standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), knowledge of Audio Visual Software. AutoCAD and/or MS Visio experience.
Electrosonic is a worldwide audio-visual company with extensive experience in designing, project managing, engineering and supporting AV systems and products.
Founded in 1964, the company has always been among the first to apply new technology to create tailored, state-of-the-art solutions that meet the challenges of the professional AV market.
With over 50 years of experience working on complex projects, both large and small and in multiple geographic territories, Electrosonic has developed a reputation that is unsurpassed in the industry. Many of Electrosonic’s projects have been recognized with key industry and sector awards.
Electrosonic aims to develop lasting relationships by working in partnership with our customers and suppliers and all others involved in the project.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our website: https://electrosonic.applicantpro.com/jobs/800427.html
237 total views, 1 today