Full-Time Project Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
AV & Broadcast Engineer
Video Corporation of America, a leading systems integrator, is seeking a skilled and organized AV & Broadcast Engineer. The Design Engineer is the single point of responsibility for definition, design and documentation of assigned projects. This person is charged with the responsibility of working with VCA teams and clients in providing application appropriate, well designed systems meeting the customer’s criteria as well as applying good engineering design practices. He/she is also the interface between Engineering and Installation. The Design Engineer must be capable of translating systems sold into viable designs and become the technical authority on these systems. We offer the opportunity to work on world class projects. This position is full-time with competitive pay and benefits package.
Reporting Relationship: Director of Engineering
- Manages own time to perform within defined schedule of assignments.
- Design Engineering for audio, video, digital media, broadcast, infrastructure, IT, and control systems.
- Generate and/or specify and review AutoCAD drawings in compliance with VCA CAD Standard specifications.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with VCA team and clients. Delivering upon expectations in line with project scope of work. Engineering is an active part of the client facing design team at VCA.
- Participate in discussions and vendor meetings to research new technologies and programs.
- Provide design support as required to other members of the company to help ensure successful design, integration, training, and closeout of projects.
- Interfaces with all Technical Operations and Engineering staff in developing site-specific solutions.
- Maintain awareness of emerging solutions and technologies that may be applied to solutions
- Provide solutions within the customer’s budget without sacrificing quality and reliability.
- Develop detailed BOM post completion of the sale of solution.
- Ensure BOM total matches client PO or signed agreement/contract.
- Ensure Job Summary is complete and accurate.
- Develop detailed infrastructure drawings for architect, GC and electrical contractor use when required.
- Develop detailed engineering drawings for rack layout, system wiring and custom plates or cabling assemblies.
- Develop cable wire & pull lists when required.
- Assist programmer with technical direction when developing user interface and control program.
- Provide support to field engineers, programmers and technicians as required.
- Prepare Change Orders with the goal of not increasing job cost.
- Capture field mark-ups to generate as-built drawings.
- Travel as required for field engineering, meetings, site supervision and commissioning, final testing and training.
- Provide ancillary services as warranted when the Field Engineer is unavailable (programming, DSP setup, installation assistance, commissioning, assist service technicians).
- Perform other tasks as requested by Director of Engineering
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Sales Department including, but not limited to, the creation of technical system order of magnitude cost estimates and proposed equipment lists and all written technical overview documentation. Interfaces with sales and clients in developing solutions when required.
- Responsible for providing pre-sales initial costing to Sales for labor (Engineering, Programming, Project Management, Pre-install, Installation, sub-contractors) with final approval by others.
- Responsible for sales-related CAD documentation for proposal purposes.
- Responsible for developing pre-sale BOM.
- Assists Sales in developing a thorough and concise job scope
- Responsible for seeing that a pre-sale site survey is accomplished.
- Prepare submittals for consultant-specified and bid jobs.
- Considered Qualifications:
- Preferred a degree in electrical/electronic engineering or computer science
- InfoComm CTS, CTS-D a plus, or ability to study and obtain CTS-D certification.
- A minimum of 1 year industry experience as an Engineer.
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques.
- Proficient and skilled in the use of AutoCAD.
- Microsoft Office & Office 365 Proficiency. (Use of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access without training)
- Familiarity with current technologies as well as desire to learn new technologies and applications.
- Familiarly with IT systems, architecture and terminologies.
- Audio systems programming (DSP) for major platforms a plus.
- Control systems programming for major platforms a plus. You should be interested and curious by nature. You should be able to have exceptional focus and attention to details. You should be able to maintain professionalism, self-motivation and self-discipline under all circumstances. You should be able to manage and deliver multiple projects on-schedule with a high regard and consideration of project on-time completion. You should enjoy sharing of knowledge and solutions to challenges.
- Personal Traits & Demands:
- You should be interested and curious by nature. You should be able to have exceptional focus and attention to details. You should be able to maintain professionalism, self-motivation and self-discipline under all circumstances. You should be able to manage and deliver multiple projects on-schedule with a high regard and consideration of project on-time completion. You should enjoy sharing of knowledge and solutions to challenges.
How to ApplyApply today by emailing: email@example.com Attn: Engineer Video Corporation of America offers: A Competitive Salary, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, A 401K plan, Generous Personal Time Off (P.T.O.) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on: Race, Creed, Color, National Origin, Age, Ancestry, Nationality, Marital or Domestic Partnership or Civil Union Status, Sex, Pregnancy, Gender Identity or Expression, Disability, Liability for Military Service, Affectional or Sexual Orientation, Atypical Cellular or Blood Trait, Genetic Information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing)
249 total views, 1 today