Full-Time Manager of Media Productions & Audio Video Services
This position involves the setup, operation, and overseeing of select AV services for various College events, functions, programs, and specific College infrastructure that have an AV component. It must oversee and manage the AV budget, staff, and coordinate such in the fulfillment of AV and media requests from campus departments and clients engaging in facility usage.
- Set up and operate sound and video equipment, including spotlights, for general campus events including those events and or athletic contests that are live streamed.
- Set up and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards for events and functions such as concerts, sports events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
- Confer with and serve as assisting liaison for select campus events between outside event companies and internal College departments.
- Create and install custom lighting solutions.
- Monitor sound feeds to ensure quality.
- Ensure equipment is installed according to designated layout.
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Diagnose and correct media system problems.
- Mix sound inputs and feeds.
- Coordinate audio feeds with television images.
- Send in equipment for repairs as needed.
- Switch video input sources from one camera to another during the overseeing of live event filming and streaming.
- Determine filming sequences and camera movements for on campus events including but not limited to speeches, presentations, athletic contests etc.
- Clean audio and video equipment and store properly.
- Ensure the safe transfer and shipment of equipment.
- Compress and digitize audio and video data, ensuring the safe storage and integrity of data
- Work with computer-controlled lighting systems.
- Duplicate audio and video data.
- Turn ideas into outlines, storyboards, and images for various projects including campus digital displays.
- Manage AV budget for optimal fiscal accountability.
- Maintain inventory of equipment; procure necessary equipment while forecasting future equipment needs.
- Oversee AV staff including student workers.
- Manage College cable television solution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree in Communications, Audio/Visual Engineering, or comparable certification/training in audio-visual technology or digital media required. Equivalent hands-on technical experience can be a substitute for formal education. Higher education experience preferred.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess sound judgment and maturity.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to keep calm and remain personable under pressure.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of individuals in a variety of social and professional situations.
- Possess flexibility to handle a wide variety of assignments.
This position entails interaction with faculty, staff, students, and the entire Hillsdale audience. A clean and neat appearance and an attitude that is supportive of the College mission are essential. This relationship needs to be pleasant, supportive and professional, while maintaining confidentiality as needed.
Code of Commitment
Be a good representative of Hillsdale College to promote the liberal arts, the College’s original Articles of Association and operating principles stated in the Staff Code of Commitment. The Mission Statement should be considered in all aspects of the position. The teaching of Christian faith shall remain a conspicuous aim of the College.
How to ApplyPlease apply on the Hillsdale College website at: https://staff-hillsdale.icims.com/jobs/1410/manager-of-media-productions-and-audio-video-services/job
274 total views, 2 today