Full-Time Manager- BIM/CAD
At Electrosonic we’re on a mission. A mission to design, build and support innovative technology solutions that create lasting experiences for people to live, work and play. We’re looking for passionate, dedicated gamechangers to join our team and drive the future of Electrosonic. Think you have what it takes? Read on…
- Are you confident prioritizing and delegating multiple time sensitive projects in high pressure situations?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with engineers, project managers and other CAD team members to meet specific deadlines?
- Do you feel empowered? managing and supporting a team of smart and talented individuals?
If you have answered “yes” to these questions, please keep reading to hear more about an exciting new opportunity at Electrosonic Inc.
With a position at Electrosonic Inc., you join a team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class projects. Electrosonic is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. Do you want to be part of something exciting and unique? Then please join us. We are looking for a Manager – CAD/BIM located in our Burbank office who reports directly to the Vice President, Operations.
To be successful in this role, you will be responsible for the Drawing Office department, including: production, quality, allocation of resources, staffing, and process improvement. The successful candidate will exhibit the ability to manage a large team in a fast paced, team environment, while maintaining a high standard of precision and accuracy. Creative problem solving, effective communication, and strong interpersonal skills are a must.
What you will be doing?
- Manage a team of 8+ CAD & BIM drafters and designers to successfully complete projects in multiple locations.
- Monitor workflow requests and production of the department to ensure an even spread of work throughout the entire drafting department.
- Develop CAD and BIM best practices, including SOP’s, data management, and software workflows.
- Maintain company BIM/CAD library to ensure blocks, sample sheets, templates, design tutorials, and all other materials are current and correct.
- Ensure BIM/CAD templates are up to date and consistently used throughout the company.
- Interact with special project teams to identify and integrate client specific standards coordination.
- Ensure the drafting templates are being properly utilized for specific regions and projects.
- Continuously review and fine tune CAD QA/QC process.
- Create and implement training programs for consistent staff development.
- Interact with staff to maintain production and meet project deadlines.
- Communicate regularly with Project Managers and other team leaders regarding upcoming work and prospective project planning.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Design Consulting Managers on documentation demands.
- Manage department software, hardware, & plotters (Inventory and supplies) needs.
- Provide technical support for CAD Software (Revit, AutoCAD, BIM, etc.).
- Coordinate new software implementation with IT Department.
- Ability to configure and roll-out CAD software to staff.
- Follow Electrosonic health and safety policies and procedures.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems under pressure
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with management, co-workers, clients and vendors
- Proficient with computers and standard office programs (e.g. Windows, Excel, Word)
- AutoCAD Certification is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD Architectural and Electrical is preferred
- Experience with Revit/BIM is preferred
What qualifications are required?
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred
- Minimum of 3 years CAD management experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of AutoCAD experience
- Strong AutoCAD skills with experience utilizing layers, blocks, XREFs, coordinate systems, annotations, and dimensioning while abiding by company and industry drafting standards
- Demonstrated experience documenting Audio/Video systems in complex facilities requiring coordination with building owners and other construction trades
- Able to Create diagrams, floor plans, elevations, section-cuts, cross-sections, schedules in AutoCAD from redlines provided by engineers, designers & installation staff.
Electrosonic is an international audiovisual and technology services company that designs, builds, and supports innovative solutions creating lasting experiences where people live, work and play.
Founded in 1964, Electrosonic has been recognized for its superior and unsurpassed technology master planning and system integration. With unique global capability, we deliver highly complex world-class projects, conference room technology, and executive briefing centers across a multitude of sectors including financial services, professional business, entertainment – theme parks, museums and visitor centers, gaming and hospitality, technology and media, energy and utilities.
Electrosonic provides a comprehensive scope of technical and professional services with expertise in ICT and Network Infrastructure, Security, Surveillance and Access Control, Audio, Video and Control Systems, Acoustics.
Electrosonic is where imagination comes to life.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our website: https://electrosonic.applicantpro.com/jobs/1156984.html
224 total views, 2 today