Full-Time Lead AV Technician-Tampa, FL United States
Herman Integration Services, an ADI Company, is hiring!
In 2020, Resideo acquired Herman Integration Services to be part of its ADI Global Distribution business. Herman Integration Services is the AV industry’s largest Commercial AV Subcontractor. From programming to engineering, to labor and day-2 services, the Herman team is uniquely positioned to empower the systems integrator to achieve more.
The Lead AV Technician works with assigned customers to lead and complete the planning, integration, testing, and customer acceptance of the assigned project within the time and budget parameters of the project with an emphasis on quality and professionalism. Delegates to field technicians. Proficient at installing all AV systems and components. Ability to trouble-shoot basic audio, video, and control system problems.
- Must be competent with running project sites in a leadership role, managing crews, and leading physical installations of the project from start to finish.
- Ensure compliance with Company processes, methods and procedures.
- Comfortable working with other trades and mentoring less experienced technicians.
- Professionally interacts with clients and manages expectations.
- Uses tact and good judgment in communicating with representatives from external organizations, and vendors.
- Experience with configuration & installation of audio-visual systems.
- Proficient with various terminations including RGB/RG6/Cat5/Compression/Solder etc.
- Strong grasp of Audio & Video including signal flow, equipment functionality, control, and programming.
- Familiarity with product lines including Crestron, Extron, Epson, NEC, Sharp, Polycom, BiAmp, Clearone, AMX, etc.
- Ability to drop AMX, Crestron, DSP code and commission AV systems.
- Ability to train end user on AV systems.
- Proficiency with VTC setup and commission.
- Proficiency with low voltage wiring, trim-out and installation of wall and ceiling mounts.
- Competent using test equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to the component Level.
- Ability to fabricate equipment racks.
- Ability to safely use hand/power tools, run cable, solder, crimp, and compress the vast array of AV interfaces & connectors.
- Must be able to read and interpret designs, wiring schematics, architectural drawings, and project printouts.
- Process all project paperwork including field reports, billing logs and time sheets.
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to schedule commitments.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an AV installation technician
- Experience directing other technicians’ field activities and maintaining quality control standards
- PC and Smart phone proficient
- Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Flexibility to travel or work overtime as necessary.
- Any new hire for this position must be vaccinated for COVID-19 by their start date
What’s in it for You:
- Benefits Resideo provides comprehensive benefits, including life and health insurance, life assistance program, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability insurance, retirement plans, vacation & holidays.
- Immediate eligibility for 401K.
Regional travel will be required. Occasional longer distance travel required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to work with arms raised over the head for extended periods and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and climb or balance and access construction projects where uneven and cluttered conditions may exist. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to work on a ladder for an extended period of time. Must be able to read, operate tools and equipment. Must be able to work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirement of 275 lbs (ANSI standards have test procedures for 300 pound rated ladders).