Full-Time Lead Audio/Video Technician
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Built In Systems, a local leader in residential technologies, is seeking to hire Lead Audio/Video Technicians. We are looking for career minded individuals who possess the qualifications, capabilities and desire to build one of the finest technical staffs in Hampton Roads. Hired applicants will work in high-end residential and light commercial environments planning, installing, and testing electronic systems including security & life safety, audio/video, structured wiring, intercommunication, and central cleaning.
- Shared Warehouse Duties (ie: annual inventory, stocking & cleaning)
- Vehicle & Tool Maintenance
- Pulling Wire – Our techs are masters at running low voltage cable in new and existing construction. We take great pride in observing proper technique with regard to low voltage wire runs. This position requires the ability to work with power tools such as heavy duty drills and saws. Much of the work is performed on ladders as well as in tight crawl spaces and attics.
- Hook up and installation of sensitive electronic equipment. This includes termination of Cat5, RG6, audio, security, and intercom wire. This position requires experience with typical low voltage hand tools such as wire cutters, crimping and punch down tools, etc.
- Programming, Testing and demonstration of completed systems. This position requires basic knowledge of electronics and ability to work with test/programming equipment such as tone generator, volt/ohm multimeter, proprietary and web based programming tools.
- Inspection and service of existing systems
- Documentation of system specifications such as bill of material, wiring diagrams, programming sheets, work orders etc.
- High level of responsibility. Can see projects through to completion with minimal direction.
Minimum High School Diploma or GED
Minimum 2 years industry experience
Clean Driving Record
Ability to pass criminal background check
Ability to pass drug test
DCJS license a plus
CEDIA and/or ESA membership a plus
Basic Networking Skills A pluss
6 Paid Holidays
1 Week Vacation
How to ApplySubmit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
377 total views, 1 today