Full-Time Control Systems Software Programmer
Control System Software Programmer
Video Corporation of America, a leading systems integrator, is seeking a skilled and organized software programmer with a diverse skill set. This position is full-time with benefits. These skills will be used in application programming for the creation of software based control programs and user interfaces. Specifically, top level control supporting integrated systems within the Professional Audio/Video and Media & Entertainment Industries. Control systems technologies are rapidly evolving in their capabilities and deployments. VCA Global is leading the way for the next generation of A/V control implementations, we want you to help us lead the way.
Desired Skills & Education:
- General, design and development of Crestron (AMX programming a plus)
- Crestron Control Programming
- Certified Crestron Programmer required
- SIMPL®, SIMPL+®, SIMPL# Control System Programming
- VT Pro-e®, Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- .AV Framework, Studio, System Builder, Toolbox
- AMX (Harman) Control Programming a plus. Certified HCCA & HCCP, Netlinx, Java
- Practical application and implementation knowledge for control of integrated systems in the AV & Media Industries. A demonstrable understanding of AV systems integration techniques.
- Infocomm Essentials of A/V & General C.T.S. a plus
- Microsoft Office – Proficiency in Excel, Word, Access
- A working knowledge of Audio DSP software/hardware. DSP Programming a plus.
- Comprehension and implementation of complicated logic while understanding the limitations of surrounding factors of the A/V and control equipment.
- Knowledge of IT & networking. Configuration, settings and deployment knowledge. Network certifications are a plus.
- Understanding, knowledge and ability to apply various protocols. Supporting control interfaces via API/SDK: Serial, IR, Ethernet, MIDI, DMX, etc.
- Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge and ability to program other control and monitoring solutions is beneficial: Utelogy, High Resolution Systems, Extron, Savant, Control4, Other
- Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to read and interpret system line drawings
- Ability to read and interpret Scopes of Work
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a larger project
- Execution team member
- Ability to manage and deliver on schedule multiple coding & GUI projects.
- Work with project team to develop Graphical User Interface (GUI). Client, Project Manager, Project Engineer.
- Provide control system code and GUI according to company and/or client standard.
- Provide phone and/or remote system support to aid in debugging and system commissioning process.
- Provide on-site system support to aid in debugging and system commissioning process.
- Provide User Guides and Quick Reference Guides for an instruction set for using the control system(s)
- Ability to concisely communicate with team members of status, issues, conflicts and resolutions is a must.
- Provide technical assistance to installation and service departments as required.
- Provide technical assistance and evaluations to Account Executives for pre-sales efforts as required.
- Personal Traits & Demands:
- You should be interested and curious by nature. You should be able to have exceptional focus and attention to details. You should be able to maintain professionalism, self-motivation and self-discipline under all circumstances. You should be able to manage and deliver multiple projects on-schedule with a high regard and consideration of project on-time completion. You should enjoy sharing of knowledge and solutions to challenges.
How to ApplyApply for this job by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Programmer Video Corporation of America offers: A Competitive Salary, Health, Dental & Vision Benefits, A 401K plan, Generous Personal Time Off (P.T.O.) We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on: Race, Creed, Color, National Origin, Age, Ancestry, Nationality, Marital or Domestic Partnership or Civil Union Status, Sex, Pregnancy, Gender Identity or Expression, Disability, Liability for Military Service, Affectional or Sexual Orientation, Atypical Cellular or Blood Trait, Genetic Information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing)
120 total views, 1 today