Full-Time AV Technician – Herman Integration Services Austin, TX, United States
Herman ProAV, now part of ADI Global Distribution, is hiring! We offer competitive pay and benefits and a sign-on bonus for all new hires!
In 2020, Resideo acquired Herman ProAV to be part of its ADI Global Distribution business. Herman ProAV is a leading provider and distributor of professional AV products, procurement services, and labor resources to systems integrators in the commercial AV industry.
The AV Technician provides installation of audio, video, electronic communications, and presentation systems equipment, cabling, and terminations with an emphasis on quality and professionalism. Works with assigned customers to complete the planning, integration, testing, and customer acceptance of the assigned project within the time and budget parameters of the project.
- Ability to manage projects and provide daily field reports.
- Ensure compliance with Company processes, methods, and procedures.
- Works with trades and peers and works closely with General Contractors.
- Knowledge and experience physically installing: Projection Screens, Display Mounts, Ceiling Speakers, Wired Microphones, and Equipment Racks.
- Ability to safely use hand/power tools, run cable, solder, crimp, and compress the vast array of AV interfaces & connectors.
- Proficiency with low voltage wiring, trim-out, and installation of wall and ceiling mounts.
- Competent using test equipment.
- Must be able to read and interpret designs, wiring schematics, architectural drawings, and project printouts.
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to schedule commitments.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an AV installation technician
- Any new hire for this position must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination by their start date unless a disability or religious accommodation is granted
- OSHA 10, Infocomm CTS certification preferred.
- PC and Smartphone proficient
- Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
- Flexibility to travel or work overtime as necessary
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- The company provides comprehensive benefits, including life and health insurance, life assistance program, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability insurance, retirement plans, vacation & holidays.
- Immediate eligibility for 401K.
Regional travel will be required. Occasional longer distance travel required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to work with arms raised over the head for extended periods and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and climb or balance and access construction projects where uneven and cluttered conditions may exist. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to work on a ladder for an extended period of time. Must be able to read, operate tools and equipment. Must be able to work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirement of 275 lbs. (ANSI standards have test procedures for 300-pound rated ladders).
Resideo is a leading global provider of critical comfort and security solutions primarily in residential environments and distributor of low-voltage electronic and security products. Building on a 130-year heritage, Resideo has a presence in more than 150 million homes, with 15 million systems installed in homes each year. We continue to serve more than 110,000 professionals through leading distributors, including our ADI Global Distribution business, which exports to more than 100 countries from more than 200 stocking locations around the world. Resideo is a $5.0 billion company with approximately 13,000 global employees. For more information about Resideo, please visit www.resideo.com.
At Resideo, we bring together diverse individuals to build the future of homes. Resideo is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.