Full-Time AV Systems Engineer
The AV Systems Engineer will design, document, and coordinate the installation/commissioning of the technical solutions that support interactive systems in built environments. This person will work with the engineering, development, and design teams to ensure both the Downstream and client design intent remains intact throughout project implementation. This person will have in-depth experience in the documentation process of AV systems integration using AutoCad, Visio, Office, and other industry related software.
Success will be measured in a variety of areas including but not limited to:
- Demonstrate self-initiative to progress a design concept into an engineered solution with both end-user and internal design team functionality sign-off.
- Ability to develop bid-level engineering sets using AutoCad, MS Office, manufacturer tools, etc. with minimal oversight and direction.
- Exhibit professional demeanor with clients and colleagues on and off site accepting ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate technical problem solving skills by providing leadership, initiative, recommendations, and modifications to the process for comparable or enhanced functionality.
- Willingness to travel on short notice to resolve unforeseen issue that may impact the client experience.
Must have at least 4-6 years of experience in all of the following:
- AV systems, design and engineering including video arrays, audio and video signal processing and distribution, Crestron/AMX/IP-based control systems
- Edge blending and warping projection
- Touch based interactive displays
- Video over IP and HdBaseT video distribution
- PC, MAC, and Linux OS system configuration
- Must have at least two years’ experience with AutoCAD
- Excellent communications skills, both with clients and internal staff.
- Collaborate with Downstream design team to integrate technology into the built environments.
- Produce design documentation for use in AV system installations, to include schematic signal flow diagrams, bill of materials, facility design drawings, projection geometry details, and detailed wiring diagrams for audio and control systems.
- Research and specify hardware solutions for video distribution, video processing, motion tracking, and user interaction.
- Develop cost estimates for hardware, system design, and installation.
- Provide end-to-end design, implementation, testing and on-site installation, including oversight of AV sub-contractors, and provide client training.
- Work on client sites to oversee and manage installations of AV system and Downstream software applications.
- Travel approximately 30-40% of the time is required.
How to ApplyApply online at http://downstream.com/careers/engineering
944 total views, 1 today