Please login/register to apply for this job.
24 Apr 2019
Full-Time A/V Specialist
St. Luke’s School, a secular, college-preparatory day school serving grades 5 through 12 in New Canaan, Connecticut, seeks an Audio/Video Specialist to join its dynamic, enterprising Technology Department. The mission for this role is to create and maintain an environment where faculty, staff, and students can confidently and effectively use A/V equipment to improve teaching and learning.
The St. Luke’s IT team includes 1 Network Specialist, 1 Systems Support Specialist, 1 A/V Specialist, 3 Academic Technologists, and 1 Director of IT. We promote a thoughtful collaborative environment, focusing not only on the development of solutions for today’s challenges, but also on the cultivation of innovative ideas for the future. This is a full-time, 12-month, entry-level position.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Ongoing proactive assessment, maintenance, and management of the school’s A/V equipment and inventory, including: projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems, microphones, video monitors, screens, Crestron control, and conferencing equipment.
- Provide AV and tech support for school events and large meetings, including faculty meetings, Board of Trustee meetings, and student-led seminars. Some events may take place during the evening or on a weekend.
- Provide group and individual training as necessary for faculty and staff on effective A/V use in meeting spaces.
- With the IT team, develop and implement long-term strategic plans for A/V lifecycle needs, including upgrade, repair, replacement, and installation of equipment.
- Assist the IT Team with other needs as assigned, including (but not limited to): technology support for non-academic departments in the school; livestream video; device deployments and collections; project management for special projects.
Key Skills and Qualities:
- Proactive, takes initiative
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented, results-focused
- Strong work ethic, committed and persistent
- Creative problem-solver
- Ability and desire to learn quickly about new technology
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with others, including colleagues of varying levels of technical aptitude
St. Luke’s attracts families from 25 towns throughout Connecticut and New York. A combination of challenging academics and truly exceptional community support distinguishes St. Luke’s and encourages our students to go above and beyond their own expectations. St. Luke’s offers an inclusive environment where differences in race, culture, and personal beliefs are embraced as assets that enhance education. St. Luke’s prides itself on being a forward-thinking school and home to the Center For Leadership – where students hone their own distinct leadership skills by developing a design mindset, an inclusive ethos, a global perspective, and a service orientation.
St. Luke’s School is an equal opportunity employer. St. Luke’s School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law with regard to hiring, terms and conditions of employment or educational programs. We strive to provide a welcoming educational environment where the value and dignity of every member is respected.
How to ApplyIf interested, please include a cover letter, resume, and references with your application, addressed to Eleanor Page, Director of IT, at email@example.com and Jim Foley, Assistant Head of School for Leadership & Innovation, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
94 total views, 1 today