Full-Time AV Installation Technician III
AV Installation Leader. CTS-I Certification required. Cisco networking experience. Ability to read and interpret building blueprints and CAD prints. Highly compensated.
The AV Installation Technician – Level III is responsible for performing on-site and in-house technical support on AV systems and components. The AV Installation Technician- Level III is also responsible for completing all required documentation.
- Effectively and consistently lead a job site: plan the day so as to maximize use of resources and avoid idle time.
- Soldering, Crimping and Compression of terminations.
- Demonstrate consistency, efficiency and accuracy in all termination methods.
- Basic networking: IP addressing, MAC address, network hardware such as routers and switches.
- Identify infrastructure required for installation of AV devices such as building a trapeze, H-Pattern. Able to build structure on-site with supervision.
- Use coax and category cable testing, toning and mapping.
- Under supervision, has setup systems for testing.
- Determine the best mounting methods for rack devices and make recommendations for improvements.
- Adjusts projectors after physical installation so as to ensure proper screen fill and focus.
- Follow company safety and security policies; reports accidents, injuries and unsafe working conditions as required.
- Maintain work area clean and free of clutter.
- Properly maintains, uses and has available at all times, the required personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Egress and emergency action plans.
- Additional duties as assigned by Manager.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and blueprints and to communicate at a high level with architects, builders, clients, and staff.
- Basic knowledge of hardware including laptops, desktop PCs, smartphones and other mobile devices.
- Basic knowledge of audio and video components, signal types, cables.
- Proficiency in the concept of conduit fill capacity.
- Knowledge of structural basics, including drilling studs, beams, etc.
- Knowledge of basic installation techniques, including opening sizes and device/component placement.
- Knowledge of basic wire dress, including final trim lengths, labeling, etc.
- Familiarity with outside service provider drops including 9e.g. Telco, DSS, ISP, etc.
- Low-voltage and signal-flow understanding.
- Proficiency in wired and wireless network.
- Proficiency with Windows based operating systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting processes.
- Knowledge installing and configuring Dolby audio systems highly desired not required.
- CTS-I Certification, required.
- Scissor lift Certification, required.
- Boom lift Certification, required.
- OSHA: “The Human Element: How you affect safety”, required.
- Basic IT networking knowledge, preferred.
- Completion of Network Essentials training, preferred.
- Proficiency in understanding the major components of a video system, and their relation to one another, preferred.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, required.
- College degree and/or courses in electronics, project management, electrical engineering, and/or construction, preferred.
- Experience with reading system drawings and understanding the concept of scale.
- Experience with mid-level rack fabrication, which includes rack cooling (evacuation vs pressurization), ergonomics and its application to rack fabrication, understanding the implications of equipment placement in a rack as it relates to cooling/equipment performance, power sequencing, signal segregation and hardware configuration.
- Experience with projector throw distance and knowing the relationship between it and the projected image size.
- Experience and familiarity with major manufacturers and major product lines.
- Experience with Cisco networking including routers, switches and configuring wireless networks ideal.
- Knowledge and experience with the grading system for fasteners, for example: SAE-2, SAE-5, and SAE-8, or ISO 8.8.
- Experience with Scaffolding Safety.
- Experience in Fiber cable termination, preferred.
- Experience with major components of a control system, and their relationship to each other and to controllable devices, preferred.
- Experience with understanding the difference as well as advantages and disadvantage for most common control methods: RS-232, RS422, RS-485, IP, Relay, IR, RF, preferred.
Significant travel is required for this role.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Corporate Interiors is a customer-focused organization specializing in workplace environments. From our foundation in 1985, our shape, progression and prosperity have been formed by listening to the marketplace and understanding the strategic direction of the clients we serve.
AVolution is a service focused audio-visual, unified communications and IT solutions provider. Our core value lies in an experienced staff that has a genuine passion for working with the industry’s most advanced collaboration and audio-visual technologies solutions that help organizations improve communication and drive efficiency. Our goal is helping companies gain a competitive edge by leveraging audio-visual and conferencing technology as productive tools. Providing unmatched service and support before, during and after system installation.
CI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. CI does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our site here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/94950/Corporate-Interiors-Inc/AV-Installation-Tech---Level-III
242 total views, 1 today