Full-Time AV FIELD ENGINEER- Herman Integration Services Brooklyn, NY, United States
Herman Integration Services, an ADI Company, is hiring!
In 2020, Resideo acquired Herman Integration Services to be part of its ADI Global Distribution business. Herman Integration Services is the AV industry’s largest Commercial AV Subcontractor. From programming to engineering, to labor and day-2 services, the Herman team is uniquely positioned to empower the systems integrator to achieve more.
The AV Field Engineer works with assigned customers to lead and complete the planning, integration, testing, and customer acceptance of the assigned project within the time and budget parameters of the project with an emphasis on quality and professionalism. Proficient at testing and commissioning all AV systems and components. Ability to troubleshoot audio, video, and control, and network system problems.
- Act as a customer liaison in absence of Project Manager.
- Create, track (assign process owner) and close a project Punchlist.
- Ensure compliance with Vendor processes, methods and procedures.
- Professionally interacts with clients and manages expectations.
- Uses tact and good judgment in communicating with representatives from external organizations, and vendors.
- Proficient at configuration of audio-visual systems with manufacturers software.
- Proficient in evaluating various terminations including RGB/RG6/Category/Compression/Solder etc.
- Solid grasp of Audio, Video and Networking including signal flow, equipment functionality, control, and programming.
- Ability to modify/write and drop code for DSP systems or drop code for other firmware.
- Ability to train end user and clients on AV systems.
- Proficiency with Video Conference setup (direct Menu and Online interfaces) and commission testing.
- Make minor programming changes under the direction of an engineer or programmer
- Review project Scope of Work (SOW) to ensure quality and completeness of installation.
- Proficient with test and calibration equipment related to the AV industry.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to the component Level.
- Must be able to read and interpret designs, wiring schematics, architectural drawings, and project printouts.
- Process all project paperwork including field reports and system as-builts.
- Excellent work ethic and dedication to schedule commitments.
- Ability to work without supervision.
You Must Have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a lead installation technician.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Field Engineer or Service Technician
- Experience directing field activities and maintaining quality control standards.
- OSHA 30
- NY State Site Safety Training 10-hour Certification (This can be done after hire)
- Minimum certification of Avixa CTS is required (CTS-I or CTS-D alternate)
- Certification(s) required or in progress with Manufacturers: Crestron, Cisco, Extron, Poly, Biamp, Clearone, AMX, Shure, etc.
- Advanced PC (Microsoft Office Suite of products and services) and Smart phone proficiency.
- Reliable transportation, and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Any new hire for this position must be vaccinated for COVID-19 by their start date
- OSHA 10, Avixa CTS certification preferred.
What’s in it for You:
- Benefits Resideo provides comprehensive benefits, including life and health insurance, life assistance program, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability insurance, retirement plans, vacation & holidays.
- Immediate eligibility for 401K.
Regional travel will be required. Occasional longer distance travel required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to work with arms raised over the head for extended periods and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and climb or balance and access construction projects where uneven and cluttered conditions may exist. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to work on a ladder for an extended period of time. Must be able to read, operate tools and equipment. Must be able to work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirement of 275 lbs. (ANSI standards have test procedures for 300 pound rated ladders).
Resideo is a leading global provider of critical comfort and security solutions primarily in residential environments and distributor of low-voltage electronic and security products. Building on a 130-year heritage, Resideo has a presence in more than 150 million homes, with 15 million systems installed in homes each year. We continue to serve more than 110,000 professionals through leading distributors, including our ADI Global Distribution business, which exports to more than 100 countries from more than 200 stocking locations around the world. Resideo is a $5.0 billion company with approximately 13,000 global employees. For more information about Resideo, please visit www.resideo.com.
At Resideo, we bring together diverse individuals to build the future of homes. Resideo is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.