Full-Time Audiovisual Program Manager
Vaccination Policy: Pursuant to the City’s Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination and Testing Policy, the City of San José is requiring all new hires to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment absent a documented medical and/or religious exemption.
The City of San José is one of the nation’s best-managed cities and one of the top ten cities in which to live, work, and do business. The employees of the City have embraced the following values: Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect, and Celebration. The City’s Department of Public Works (DPW) is seeking an individual whose values align with the values of the City’s employees.
DPW has the primary responsibility to deliver facilities and infrastructure that meets the needs of the residents of San Jose and comply with the standards and requirements established in the engineering guidelines and the City’s Master Plans. DPW achieves its goals through planning, design and construction of the City’s capital projects, and through the plan review and permit process to regulate and facilitate private development projects. DPW is committed to high-quality service, partnering with the community, and providing an excellent environment in which to work.
Position and Duties
The City of San Jose is seeking to hire a Program Manager I – Audio Visual (AV) to manage its Audio-Visual functions. Reporting to the Building Management Administrator in the Facilities Management Division of Public Works Department, this position’s responsibilities include:
- Act as a technical expert or lead for Audio Visual (AV) systems and integration.
- Manage, maintain, and train City personnel for the AV equipment infrastructure Citywide.
- Manage AV projects Citywide and act as project leader on large AV projects in which strong technical, directional, and personal leadership is necessary.
- Ensure the reliability of the City Hall Council Chambers AV equipment including, but not limited to, streaming capabilities. Develop budget recommendations for needed capital replacements that are included in the City’s 5-year Capital Improvement Program
- Develop a strategic plan for procurement, installation, and sustainability of the AV equipment Citywide.
- Supervise and lead city staff in providing AV setup for all City events.
- Lead efforts to continuously identify, define, and implement opportunities to improve City AV systems and audio and video integration.
- Collaborate with City departments i.e., Information Technology to effectively plan and execute AV implementation Citywide.
- Manage vendor relationships and cost-effective hardware and software maintenance agreements with vendors.
- Hands on maintenance of AV components and systems and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess a high level of professionalism, excellent customer service skills, and a supreme work ethic. Experience with Crestron automation systems a plus.
This position requires excellent judgment, initiative, perseverance, integrity, organizational skills, flexibility and written and verbal communications skills. This position may require working nights and weekends.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you
should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a closely related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of directly related experience in the operation and maintenance of theater, sound, light, and audiovisual systems, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San José will NOT sponsor, represent, or sign any documents related to visa applications/transfers for H1-B or any other type of visa which requires an employer application.
The ideal candidate will possess the most desirable combination of training, skills, and experience, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
Job Expertise – Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices, Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations. Including but not limited to: experience in hands-on maintenance of AV components and systems, experience in sound, lighting and audiovisual equipment utilized in a variety of venues, knowledge of analog and digital video acquisition, processing and distribution, knowledge of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) systems, knowledge of IP networks, a/v codecs and videoconferencing equipment and procedures; Demonstrated experience supervising, leading, and developing a team of AV personnel; Proven ability to lead and work on large/complex AV projects in a team environment; Advanced knowledge of AV technology, services and security trends and best practices; Adept at fostering collaborative relationships in a professional business environment.
Communication Skills – Strong written and verbal communication skills. Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts clearly, orally and in writing; demonstrates effective use of listening skills; displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
Computer Skills – Strong computer technology skills. Experienced with common business computer applications including but not limited to MS Outlook; MS Word; MS PowerPoint; MS Access; MS Excel.
Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions.
Fiscal Management – Understands the relationship of the budget and resources to the strategic plan; complies with administrative controls over funds, contracts, and procurements.
Initiative – Exhibits resourceful behaviors toward meeting job objectives; anticipates problems, is proactive, and avoids difficulties by planning ahead; displays willingness to assume extra responsibility and challenges; pursues continuing education opportunities that promotes job performance.
Innovation – Exhibits creativity and innovation when contributing to organizational and individual objectives; seeks out opportunities to improve, streamline, reinvent work processes.
Leadership – Leads by example; demonstrates high ethical standards; remains visible and approachable and interacts with others on a regular basis; promotes a cooperative work environment, allowing others to learn from mistakes; provides motivational supports and direction.
Problem Solving – Approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem; collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
Supervision – Sets effective long and short-term goals based on a good understanding of management practices; establishes realistic priorities within available resources; provides motivational support; empowers others; assigns decision-making and work functions to others in an appropriate manner to maximize organizational and individual effectiveness.
Teamwork & Interpersonal Skills – Develops effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks and using collaboration and conflict resolution skills.
How to ApplyThe selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application and responses to the Job Specific Questions. Only the candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will be invited to proceed in the selection process. Additional phases of the selection process will consist of one or more interviews, which may include a practical/writing assessment and/or producing of a work sample. You will be prompted to answer the following job-specific questions during the online application process. Please note that there is a 4,000-character limit, including spaces, for each text response.
- Have you completed a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in a closely related field? If so, please indicate the college or university and the field in which you obtained your degree. Yes/No
- Do you have five (5) years of directly related experience working with AV equipment, including two (2) years of supervisory experience?
- Do you have experience with Crestron automation systems? If so, please describe your experience, including number of years of experience. (Job Expertise)
- Describe the types and size of events you have worked with audiovisual setups and your specific role in those events. Include the number of individuals you managed, number of years of industry experience, and technologies used, and experience working with vendors. (Job Expertise/Fiscal Management)
- Briefly describe the most difficult audiovisual project you have completed. Include the type of project, how you effectively planned, led, and executed the project, number of staff involved, AV technology used, overall outcome, and lessons learned. (Problem Solving/Supervision)
45 total views, 1 today