Full-Time Audio Visual Systems Designer
Audio Visual (AV) Systems Designers interface directly with clients to gather audio visual requirements, create design documentation, coordinate with other trades, and oversee the AV integrator until client acceptance. Typical systems include conference rooms, sound and projections systems, video conferencing (VTC) etc. AV Systems Designers are able to use AutoCAD to create video, audio, and control design drawings. The design process includes gathering of client requirements, equipment and technology research, coordination with architects, engineers and vendors, bid reviews, construction administration and final acceptance.
- Development of designs that meet customer’s functional and budgetary requirements.
- Generation of video, audio, control, LAN and communications system designs, including preparation of AutoCAD drawings and documentation.
- Specification of projectors, screens and room design.
- Familiarity with audio video teleconference equipment.
- Equipment and technology research and coordination with vendors.
- Development of room plans, cabinet layouts, equipment rack elevations, etc.
- Provision of construction administration support, including submittal and shop drawing reviews and site visits.
- B.S, A.S. in Electronic Technologies or a related field. Equivalent experience and/or military training.
- Proven experience in the use of Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD).
- Minimum two years of AV infrastructure experience.
- Familiarity with AMX, Crestron and Extron control systems.
- Familiarity with Audio Visual equipment manufactured by Cisco, Extron, Biamp, ClearOne, etc.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings (architectural, mechanical, and electrical systems) and related documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage strict timelines with multiple design projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact with clients, architects, engineers and contractors.
- Professional certifications (CTS, CTS-D, CTS-I, CEDIA) are a plus.
- Experience with IT infrastructure and/or security system design is a plus.
- Knowledge of REVIT a plus.
How to ApplyWhat’s in it for you?
Just about everything you could want in a career. Our award-winning company provides a friendly, fun yet challenging work environment with an extensive list of employee perks and an emphasis on career growth and development. The Management Team is committed to making MGE Unified Technologies one of the best places to work.
Here are some of the great benefits our employees enjoy:
Learning & Development
We offer a wide variety of Learning and Development programs to build job skills for the role you have and to foster the career we hope you develop. All of our programs extend to all segments of the workforce. There are many opportunities for employees of MGE Unified Technologies – classes and workshops, a full inventory of technical videos, management development, technical and non-technical certification programs, and career coaching.
Our employees are fully engaged in servicing a broad range of clients from corporate interiors to full building renovations/restorations, new restaurants, ground-up office towers and more. Additionally, MGE Unified Technologies employees are encouraged to use their talents to the greatest of individual ability and pursue career interests wherever they wish. The firm does not limit its employees to work in one specialty – employees can choose to specialize but always have the option to work on many different types of client projects. MGE Unified Technologies employees are also afforded the opportunity for project management responsibilities early in their careers to sharpen their client service and team direction skills.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer valuable rewards and benefits packages. What makes our approach to rewards and benefits successful is our ability to balance local practices with broad company wide approaches. The end result is a motivating pay structure combined with an array of valuable benefits.
Other Benefits and Fun Perks
Need more convincing? Here are other benefits and fun perks MGE Unified Technologies employees may enjoy:
- Free breakfast Mondays and Lunch Fridays.
- In-house company game room with pool table, putting green, darts and other games available for staff enjoyment.
- Firm outings and celebrations that include picnics and fishing trips, dinner cruises, golf outings, holiday lunches and holiday parties with gift give-a-ways.
- Preferred access to vendor-sponsored outings and events.
- Rewards programs for distinguished employees.
- Corporate athletics.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
3309 total views, 2 today