Full-Time Audio Visual Technician
Audio Visual Technician
In our effort to provide the most comprehensive service and business solutions to our customers, we are expanding our portfolio with additional Audio Visual offerings. We are currently seeking an experienced Audio Visual Technician to assist in facilitating deployment of Audio Visual solutions to local and regional corporate accounts. Become a part of a growing and dynamic company that offers the utmost in customer service and satisfaction.
Established in 1988, DataVox provides advanced technology solutions to address every aspect of an organization’s IT environment including network infrastructure, unified communications, audio-visual, video conferencing, servers, storage, virtualization, infrastructure cabling, and physical security. DataVox leverages strategic partnerships with vendors such as Avaya, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Microsoft, VMware, and others to deliver these customized solutions.
Learn more about DataVox at http://www.datavox.net/
• Named one of Houston’s Top 25 Technology Employers by the Houston Business Journal.
• Recipient of Houston Better Business Bureau 2014 Pinnacle Award, the BBB’s highest honor.
• Headquartered in Houston, TX with a state of the art technology showcase and customer demonstration suite.
• Must understand Audiovisual, display and videoconferencing equipment, applications, and functionality
• Must understand control system products and applications (Crestron/AMX,etc.)
• Must demonstrate experience completing technical installation of audiovisual systems, including:
o Equipment rack fabrications
o Site preparations
o Termination and calibration of audio and video equipment
o Implementation of Crestron and AMX control systems
• Ability to troubleshoot complex audio, video, switching and control systems problems.
• 3-5 years of commercial installation experience is required
• Installation experience with complex AV systems projects
• Proven experience managing small/medium size jobs
• Requires working knowledge of commercial construction environments (power, conduit, core drills, etc.)
• Audio CAD/Vid CAD is a plus
• Preferred applicants should be able to discuss examples of completed projects and provide positive references
• Excellent communication and computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
• AMX & Crestron installation experience
• Knowledge of Audio DSP
• Valid Driver’s License
• Clean driving record
• Must pass background check and drug screen
Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stand, stoop, kneel, drive and reach. Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions.
The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.
The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
Job sites will require the usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hard hat, hearing protection, gloves, etc.
• Vacation/Sick Time/Company Holidays
How to ApplyFor immediate consideration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
1182 total views, 2 today