Full-Time Audio-Visual Engineer
Founded in 2000, Applied Minds draws on the talents of nearly 150 employees and a network of subject matter experts to innovate by melding art, design, science, and engineering. We help organizations ask the right questions and then provide unexpected, yet powerful solutions. With a passion for inventing the future for our clients, we bring together brilliant and creative people from numerous disciplines into multidisciplinary teams to work on projects such as autonomous systems, command centers, modeling and simulation systems, robotics, spacecraft, UAVs, user experiences, vehicles, and more.
Equipped with outstanding tools and technology, collaborative spaces, an art department, and advanced fabrication and prototyping facilities, we work in an informal, creative environment that blurs the lines between disciplines.
If you have exceptional talent and passion, join Applied Minds and help us create for the ages.
The Audio-Visual Engineer is responsible for assistance with AV system design and implementation. This individual will assist in building state-of-the-art integrated audio, video, IT, and control systems technology, as well as set-up and testing of new technologies for evaluation.
- Assist in comprehensive audio-visual equipment assemblies for customers, including wiring, trim-out, equipment rack and control room layout, system processing and control, display technologies, and network systems for transport of high-bandwidth audio and video signals
- Assist Engineering, Purchasing, Service, and Fabrication with project specifications and drawings, programming, and system testing as well as maintain bills of materials and receivables to perform the project
- Assist AV Designers in generating layouts of systems
- Assist with coordinating design & engineering tasks with architects and engineers
- Participate in design, brainstorming, estimating meetings as needed
- Perform physical integration and testing of AV components
- Maintain high-level of personal expertise in current and future technology
- Comply with customer health and safety regulations and training
- All other duties as assigned
- 5 years of experience in audio, video, control systems and production environments
- Working knowledge of equipment connectivity, wiring, electronics, operation, installation of professional audio, video, theatrical lighting, conferencing, and control equipment
- Experience with computerized design programs including Revit, AutoCAD, Visio, and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to shifting priorities
- Ability to work closely as a member of a team while at the same time having a high level of personal initiative to work without close supervision
How to ApplyQualified and interested candidates, please apply online: https://careers-appliedminds.icims.com/jobs/1341/audio-visual-engineer/job Applied Minds is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and as such make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
389 total views, 1 today