Full-Time Audio Video Service Technician
The Audio Video Service Technician will work closely with the Senior Audio Video Service Technician to deliver a full range of AV services associated with Foundation meetings, events and special functions. The Technician is responsible for following established procedures in the delivery, set up, operation, and breakdown of audio, video, and computer-based display equipment and projection systems in a variety of conference rooms and event spaces, including a state-of-the-art, 175-seat auditorium.
The Technician will provide preparation for multi-media presentations, including web-conferencing, video-conferencing, audio-conferencing, streaming and other technologies. The technician will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving equipment issues as needed; he or she will report to the Senior Audio Video Service Technician.
In addition, the Technician will assist with preventative maintenance, including testing and upgrades of software / firmware for audio and video conferencing equipment. Responsibilities also include organizing AV equipment in storage areas including maintenance, inventory and upkeep of video, audio systems and light systems, as well as managing the Foundation’s Janus Display digital signage boards. The Technician is responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the conference room scheduling program via Meeting Room Manager database and will assist with the development, coordination and installation of AV capital projects.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience with multi-point videoconferencing calls using current Tandberg videoconferencing hardware
- Experience preparing and supporting laptops, including Apple, and other computer equipment for multi-media presentations and interconnections with various display sources, including projectors, switchers and LCD panels
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Keynote software
- Ability to troubleshoot display output issues
- Ability to support various multi-media presentation applications (Windows Media Player, QuickTime etc.)
- Full working knowledge of digital and analog audio mixing consoles
- Ability to set up and operate audio equipment for live events, such as mixers, microphones, wireless microphone systems including signal processors and related PA equipment
- Basic experience operating a lighting console for live events including concept of programming cues
- Working knowledge of video switchers for live events and basic video production skills
- Experience with using AV integrated conference rooms using Crestron Touch Panel control systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide exceptional customer service with all levels of Ford staff, grantees and outside clients, including professional musicians, artists and visiting dignitaries
- Close attention to detail and the ability to organize and schedule work effectively to meet critical deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Highly organized and the ability to work accurately, efficiently, and independently and collegially with teams across departments and organizations
- Perform administrative tasks such as answer phones, record conference detail and data in database
- Physical ability to perform manual labor, including the ability to lift 35 lbs comfortably
- Three to five years providing audio video technical support services at all levels
- Experience with Live Sound set-up, (portable PA) and sound engineering
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience doing AV support in a corporate environment or public facility performing day-to-day set-up, operation, and breakdown of audio, video, and computer-based display equipment in a variety of conference rooms
- CTS Certification
- Proficiency with Tricaster Video Switchers and using remote cameras and Presonus Studiolive mixing consoles
- Experience with ETC Elements Lighting Console or similar hardware
- Working knowledge of WebEx and MeetingZone and cloud-based bridging services such as Bluejeans
- Experience with video conferencing systems, hardware, software, network and infrastructure is desired
- Experience working with a director during live events
- Strong understanding of Windows Operating Systems, platforms and technologies and a general understanding of Macintosh Operating Systems
SALARY: Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity. A generous benefits package is provided.
How to ApplyApply online here: http://www.fordfoundation.org/careers/jobs/418.
2107 total views, 1 today