Full-Time Audio Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
For over a year now, MentorBox has been reigniting the spark of learning! Now we’re looking for someone to join us.
The Role: Audio Engineer.
The City: San Francisco.
The Mandate: Find bold, new ways to create dynamic audio content.
We launched MentorBox to offer a better approach to finding mentors. The goal was to interview and create video courses with the most talented authors and industry disruptors across all fields, disciplines and companies, and surface what we call actionable tactics — i.e. concrete actions our members can take today to do their jobs better and live fuller lives. In seventeen months, we’ve built an audience of 30,000 members, we’ve featured wisdom from leaders at The Huffington Post, The New York Times, Google, Twitter, and become one of the most successful book subscription services and online education platforms in the world.
But there’s so much more we want to do.
That’s where you come in.
The Audio Engineer will support the audiovisual team for MentorBox by recording and editing podcasts, video interviews and promotional materials. This includes daily sessions in the studio, and delivering assets for weekly uploads. It also includes approaching sound in a way that will motivate members to view content with fresh eyes—creative, but clear so that it will help users learn. We’re all about rich, detailed, coursework with actionable takeaways — think of it as Netflix meets The New York Times Book Review — but better.
One of the most significant aspects of our company is that we’re hyper-focused on the audiovisual component of our brand. Half of our content team is made up of videographers, photographers and producers so we’re looking for someone who can help improve our processes and ensure that we overdeliver. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, and who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here.
When you join MentorBox, you join a team of inspired hustlers.
“1% better every day” is our motto, it’s a core value here, and it’s reflected in everything we do. As curators of knowledge, we seriously consider every expert we feature, every minute we shoot in the studio, every comma we place in a sentence, because our members trust us with their futures.
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for: a smart, collaborative audio engineer to join the audiovisual team here at MentorBox.
This person will help to edit and mix MentorBox podcasts to our high standard of quality. Their first assignment will be exclusively with recording interviews daily and scouting the best software for podcast interviews via telephone. They’ll support MentorBox videographers and hosts by mixing sound clips, SFX, narration, and field recordings to produce a compelling and unique audio experience. They will also be tasked with training MentorBox staffers and talent in the best practices of recording and editing. This person must be able to work in harmony with different teams under deadline pressure. The ability to multitask and prioritize are key.
What You’ll Do:
- Edit and mix MentorBox podcasts
- Clip gain leveling, crossfading, de-noising, and general session cleanup & preparation for final mix
- Session Organization – name, label, and organize content assets into clean, presentable sessions
- Assist the StartUp team with setting up in studio recordings involving multiple guests and remote connections
- Help implement strong workflow procedures for sessions with multiple collaborators
- Help teach and train staff in studio procedure, and recording best practices
- Help source and/or create original music for use MentorBox openers
- Soundproofing knowledge a bonus
What you have:
- 3 years experience working in music / broadcast / post production facilities
- Understanding of studio topology, signal-flow, and common recording equipment
- Impeccable file organizational skills
- Basic Mac / OSX troubleshooting ability
- Experience in studio build-out / wiring a plus
- Bonus: Project management skills
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position based in our San Francisco, CA studio and office.
How to ApplyTo apply please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, January 19, at 5:00pm. Include links to 3 different work samples and write a brief explanation of your role for each.
335 total views, 1 today