Full-Time Assistant AV Engineer
Salary Range: $47,000-$54,000 DOQ
Under supervision, the Assistant AV Engineer will take direction from the Control Systems Developer for programming of systems and related equipment for various Audiovisual (AV) projects. This involves, but is not limited to, writing and debugging code, review and estimating of control system designs, and the preparation, programming, and documentation of control system projects utilizing AV best practices standards, templates, and methods. Will work with senior programmer, engineers, sales staff, and clients on pre-sale recommendations and requirements for custom control system design based on the customer’s needs. Primary job duties include working with control systems and system design and implementation; however, other aspects of programming will also be incorporated including weblogic, scripting, and others.
Programming Support: (50%)
- Gather and interpret system requirements for system design documents for various AV projects; develop and implement touch screen designs and/ or keypad layouts per project/ customer requirements.
- Conduct a full range of programming tasks to include program design, program coding, debugging, and documentation for AV projects.
- Work closely with design team to ensure the most cost efficient solution to meet customer requirements.
- Develop, test and deploy custom software applications for internal and external customer needs. Evaluate new products and/or services that become available and to assess their value as it pertains to CTS.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of applications and systems, including hotfixes and patch software releases.
- Travel to project sites to implement and/ or troubleshoot system configurations.
- Test and debug configurations independently and work responsibly in a team environment.
System Design: (20%)
- Provide technical analysis, evaluations and specifications for construction planning and design responsibilities.
- Meet with planners, architects, engineers, technical, and construction representatives and customers on the design, installation, repair, and maintenance of audiovisual systems.
- Communicate effectively with client base during product demonstrations and End User Training Sessions.
- Design systems according to determined priorities, budget considerations, and functional requirements.
- Work with architectural documentation to create backgrounds for AV design documents (drawings).
- Create AutoCAD drawings of system design and conduit layouts.
- Prepare labor and material estimates on assigned projects.
Classroom Technology: (20%)
- Provide technical analysis, evaluations, and specifications for construction planning and design responsibilities.
- Install LCD Data projection systems, control systems, computer and Ethernet interfaces ,and associated media equipment.
- Build and install equipment racks, install and terminate cable, and perform operational and quality verification testing of installed systems.
- Act as Installation Project Lead as assigned and review and approve all paperwork, labor hours, and parts utilization prior to submission for billing.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and perform repair work on audiovisual equipment according to industry standards.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in the areas of video conferencing system installations, maintenance, operations, and end-user training of these systems.
Other Duties as Assigned: (10%)
- Keep up-to-date on vendor software and provide informational training/updates to department staff.
- Maintain development on system design and engineering experience including UI (touch panel) layout, video display calibration, lighting, and room acoustics.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in a field related to the position; or a combination of related education and work experience in the areas of application/web/systems development to equal four years.
- Programming experience for AV control systems.
- Proven ability to accomplish tasks with accuracy and able to work independently.
- Additional 2+ years of work experience with a higher level object-oriented programming language is a plus.
- Candidates possessing professional certifications from audiovisual trade associations such as AMX and Crestron are preferred.
- InfoComm CTS-I or CTS-D certification.
- Experience with installation, testing, and troubleshooting various electronics and cabling.
- Comprehensive design and support experience with leading brands of audiovisual equipment such as Sony, NEC, Panasonic, Extron, and Cisco.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD or other equivalent computer drafting software.
- Technical knowledge and proficiency with basic MS Office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
How to ApplyPlease use the following link to reach our HR website and and apply for the job directly via the official job posting: https://hr.myu.umn.edu/jobs/ext/336609
161 total views, 2 today